Friday, June 19, 2009

A new Palestine website for lost/found pets


My friend Tammy Campos has just started a new website for lost/found pets called Lost Tails.

I had just wrote a story in the Friday paper about Fuzz, a black and white dog, who escaped from a local vet clinic. Fuzz's owners were frantic, as they had been dealing with a death in the family, and losing their dog on top of that, was just hard. The newspaper story did the trick. Someone saw it in the newspaper this morning and called the Browns and Fuzz is now home safe this evening!

But why not help more people who have lost/found pets? This new Lost Tails website can be utilized by someone who is looking for their lost pet as another avenue to try. It also can be used by those who find a pet.

I'm not saying this is the only way to find a pet. Obviously, you should call the animal shelter (903-729-8074) to see if your lost pet might be there. You should also put signs up by the last place you saw your pet. You also can put an ad in the newspaper for a lost/found pet. The more things you can try, the better.

Comments (4)

GREAT IDEA!!! GLAD FUZZ IS HOME, I'VE BEEN KEEPING UP WITH THE STORY. MY SON AND DAUGHTER-IN-LAW LOST THEIR GOLDEN RETRIEVER A FEW MONTHS AGO. AFTER MANY EFFORTS TO FIND HER THEY GOT A CALL FROM SOME VERY NICE PEOPLE WHO FOUND HER AND KEPT HER SAFE. MY 4 Y/O GRANDAUGHTER IS VERY ATTACHED TO HER DOG AND WERE THRILLED TO GET HER BACK. THIS SITE WILL SURELY HELP SPEED UP THE PROCESS IN LOCATING LOST PETS. THANKS FOR FOLLOWING THROUGH ON A GREAT IDEA!

I happened to be (a part) of the couple who found the Golden Retriever that is being spoken of above. My boyfriend drove around and asked people, but with no luck. She was such a wonderful addition for the few days that we had her, but it gave me the greatest satisfaction to see the smile on that little girls face when she and her mommy came to the house to pick their dog up.

I am so thankful that someone has come up with this new website! I am a HUGE animal lover and I have 2 dogs and a cat myself and I wouldn't know what I would do without them. This will hopefully aid many people in reuniting with their lost pets.

Thanks!

For the Lost Tails site and Lost & Found idea to be a success we have to be sure the whole community knows about it so let's all spread the word. There are cards at all the Palestine vet's offices and the shelter. Thanks for your support! PS Thanks to Cheril Vernon (for placing the info in the online version Saturday, June 20th) the afternoon after I created the site a man called to claim a found dog that I was fostering.

DEBORAH HAGEMEIER ELKHART

June 25, 2009 at 1:59 AM

TO THE COUPLE WHO FOUND "MILEY" THE GOLDEN RETRIEVER, I WOULD LIKE TO THANK YOU FROM THE BOTTOM OF MY HEART FOR PUTTING THAT BIG SMILE ON MY PRECIOUS GRANDAUGHTERS FACE. THE STORY COULD HAVE HAD A NOT SO HAPPY ENDING. THANKS AGAIN!

Post a Comment